We had a great day for a Walk! Not too hot - not cold - no rain - great fun.
Walgreens and Clearview were there handing out "goodies" and having fun. The Monmouth County Massage School students were giving massages - and we raised some $$$
Here are some totals - thought you'd like to know:
- Before the Walk we had raised $2,070 through donations directly to The Center including a $1000 sponsorship by Home Drugs
- Before the Walk we had raised $7,520 through the NJ AIDS Walk Website - that money goes directly to The Center
- On the day of the Walk we raised $3,254
- That's a total of $12,844!
We will still get money from the State Walk Committee when we divide the money donated to the Organization (Walgreens, Clearview, and Jannsen donations) is divided among the seven organizations after T-Shirts, Brochures, Posters, etc. are paid for.
And so it was a successful Day!!!!
But it wouldn't have been without some amazing effort.
Thanks to Clark Shannon and his team of volunteers who did so much before the day and on the day to make it happen.
Pat Sherman and her volunteers for marking the route that morning - and picking up the signs afterward.
Steve Albert for arranging the water stops and shuttling folks to the stops (trying to avert the NJ Marathon barricades!)
Joey Henderson for the loan of his sound system.
George Lowe who walked and Karen Wagner who helped register and made sure everyone gave a least $1!
And our Board Members who raised a lot!:
- Leslie Reagoso with $1540.00 (and walked)
- Dominick Barty King and James Vance $2010(and walked)
- Me $1295 (and walked.....well.... part of the way!)
And besides all the work Clark Shannon raised $1605.00!
Thanks as well to
- Colleen Volpe who worked the registration desk - and just generally helped out all day
- Bonnie and Tom Johnson who walked the walk (actually Tom rode it on his bike!)
- Bob and Gen Hickey who walked the walk (and sponsored me!)
- Mark Skesavage who sponsored me.
- Denzel Donaldson who showed up for support
One other note -
One former volunteer, Clara Prichard, once again walked and this year raised $1,213! Every year she walks and always raises over $1000.00 We need 100 more Clara's!
Hope I didn't forget anyone - Let me know if I did and I'll apologize!
Next year's walk is on the First Sunday in May, May 5, 2013. Same Day, Same Time, Seven Locations in New Jersey. In September I'll gather folks who want to be on the ground floor of planning for the 2013 walk.
Let me know if you'd like to be there.